"Glimpse" Got Third Prize at the "Color My World" Show!

Me next to my painting right after the award ceremony.
Third prize at the Dublin Area Art League annual fall show.
Available
$460

What a wonderful surprise!  I was awarded the third prize in the fine art category of the Dublin Area Art League fall show "Color My World".

Sometimes I paint with other artists, in an open studio environment. Other times I take painting classes. When you are surrounded by painters it's pretty useful to give each other critiques and suggestions. Several times I have asked a fellow painter or a teacher for input on how to solve a problem or make a composition better.
However, I'm particularly proud of this award because Glimpse is a painting that I have completed in my studio, all on my own, without anyone's advice. I don't remember anyone (other than my family) even seeing it before it was done.
It's all my own planning and troubleshooting. And I got a prize for it! :))

At the award ceremony, being the current president of the Dublin Area Art League, I was the one announcing the awards, reading from a list that was given to me by the event chair, the talented Pat Getha. I started from the honorable mentions, up to best of show; when I got to third place I got to announce my own name!  Awkward!  But in a good way. :)

The Color My World exhibit is up until December 11th, 2015
at 5600 Post Rd
Dublin, OH
at the Dublin Rec Center


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape