Today's Painting: My First Self Portrait

"Self Portrait"
11"x14"
Acrylic on canvas


Cool, my first self portrait!  :)

A few times I tried to pint myself looking in the mirror, but boy is it hard to keep the same expression. AND I found out I look terribly serious when I paint!
So after a few failed attempts in the last year or so, today I finally decided to paint from a photo, and it has been MUCH easier.

I did this today in short and hurried time periods between kids activities and errands, a true daily painting, started and finished in an afternoon (with many breaks).

I have to say the breaks helped me getting back to it with fresh eyes, they actually made it easier.

Overall I like it.
Does it look like me?  I'm not sure, I'll have to ask my family, they'll usually tell me exactly how it is. : )


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape