Daily Painting Challenge, Painting #7, Pink Delight - Small Oil Painting

"Pink Delight"
6"x6"
Oil on board, unframed
Available

It was a cloudy day at the Frankin Park today and I really did not feel like painting a sun-less landscape, I was not very inspired to paint en plein air, until I saw this rose.
It was near the sidewalk, perfect distance to be seen up-close, and it smelled delicious!

So I decided to paint the rose. Now, painting roses is not easy, it is actually quite intimidating.
Many times I ended up overworking the rose and trying to fix it, to the point that you could not even tell it was a rose anymore. With this pink beauty I have to admit I am quite pleased: after I was done it clearly looked like a rose, which is a big success on its own.


After I was done with it I had 40 minutes left before I had to head back home, so I decided to use the paint left on the palette to do a quick and fun landscape. After all I have some catching up to do to complete 30 paintings in 30 days! Because the landscape was painted carelessly, taking risks, without any fear of mistakes, I'll have to look at it again and decide if I want to post a picture of it on the web. It might be my next post, we'll see if I decide to make it public.  :)



Today was a day of remembrance.
An anniversary I'll never forget, so sad and life-changing.
My heart goes out to all the people whose lives 
have been hurt by the attack on America of 9/11/01.

What a blessing to be able to stand in a peaceful park and paint. It's great to live in a country where freedom and peace are a "normal" thing to enjoy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape