Work in Progress - Life Drawing

Model Drawing - work in progress
Charcoal
During my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, some days I'll have to draw instead of painting, especially on Fridays when I go to a 3-hour life drawing session - very hard to get in, always full, but this time I made it, yay!

Today I went to the first class of the Life Drawing session, and this is a two week pose, which means the model will come back next week and she'll sit in the same exact pose, wearing the same expression. So I'll have the opportunity to finish this drawing next week.

Preliminary sketch of model done in about 30 minutes.
In this life drawing class the model poses for a periods of 20-30 minutes with breaks in between.
In three hours we usually get three, max four periods of posing, which is not a lot, really.

In the first period I did a preliminary sketch, to get my hands warm after a long time without drawing models, and to test the lines of the composition.

Then I started the drawing using a medium new to me: charcoal vines. I wasn't sure how I liked it, because it's so soft and gets dark pretty quickly, but I really enjoyed drawing with charcoal vines!

There is still quite a bit to do on the drawing, I'm looking forward to next week's session!
:)



Comments

  1. Love seeing your drawing Robie! I admire so much that kind of work. I think it requires much more than ability, something like a creative spirit. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen, it has been intimidating at first to join experienced figure drawers and painters, but I'm at the point now where I really enjoy it. Thanks a lot for the encouragement. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape