My New IPod App: Lapse It


I have downloaded on my IPod this new app that makes my IPod take photos at a set time interval and then makes a video clip out of it. The name of the app is Lapse It.

I tried it out on Thursday for the first time, and I set it to take photos every 15 seconds.
1 hour and 30 minutes of painting got juiced up in a 20 second clip. The resulting video was pretty bad, you can barely see anything that is going on. But It was a good learning experience.


Some things I learned making this first time clip:
  1.  I have to find a way to get a better view of the canvas. Unfortunately I don't have shelving behind me, so I have to be creative finding something that can support my IPod.
  2. The light is on the way!  I did dot realize how much the light was in the picture, and it blinds the camera.
  3. 15 seconds is too long, next time I'll have smaller intervals of time between photos.

Incidentally I was painting the small painting that I did not like, so maybe knowing I was "on camera" made me somehow nervous. ;)


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Kevin, it's a neat app. I'm looking forward to doing more with it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape