Experimenting with Color - Still Life Oil Painting with Plant

"Colorful Studio Plant Still Life"
Oil on linen board
8"x10"
This has been a week full of inspirations. :)

On Wednesday I met a wonderful artist, Carol Stewart. She invited me to her studio and we talked and looked at her art. Her work is amazing. She does beautifully complex and colorful still lives. Each of her paintings could be cropped into several smaller well composed still lives; there is so much work and love into each piece. I came home truly inspired.

This daily painting is from Thursday. I was at the Columbus Cultural Arts Center and I setup a still life using one of the interesting plants from the windowsill. I was inspired by Carol's paintings. Also, when I saw the plant it reminded me of an article I read some time ago about Irish artist Bob Lynn, in the International Artist magazine.

I wanted to create a still life with bold colors and a dialogue of organic and geometric shapes.
As a first try, in a very short amount of time, I am happy with the daring and fun result of this piece. Especially because I lerned a lot from it. :)

It would've been nice to work longer on it, especially on the planning part, but I'm on a daily painting quest and had to work quickly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape