Path in the Woods - Landscape Painting

"Autumn Walk"
24' x 30" (60.96 x 76.2 cm)
Acrylic on Canvas

Prints on paper or canvas available here

Is it finished? I have been asking myself this question about this painting for a while, and I now (finally) think it is finished. 
The beautiful photo reference was provided by the A Nos Pinceaux challenge, few months back, but I have kept it on the works for a long time, alternating with other projects.
Sometimes it really helps setting  a painting aside and work on something else. When I pick it up again I see it with fresh eyes and it easier to see what needs working.

I am glad I kept working on this, because I like it much better with the recent changes.
It was mostly texture and brushwork issues, and some value adjustments. I tried to keep it lose and fun, and hopefully I succeeded.
It has been quite challenging to get a good shot of this painting, I thing this one is pretty close to the true colors. It's amazing how slightly different  lighting conditions change completely the hues in the photo!

Thanks for stopping by!  Blessings and smiles! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape