The Art of Selling Art


This month few of my paintings are showing at a local Starbucks.

I feel it: I am ready to sell my art.
Yes, I've had price tags on my paintings when I entered them in exhibits. I have even had my own booth at the Dublin Art Fair - where I sold very little, but I as a first timer I was happy with that.

Truth is: so far I've not pursued sales actively.  No marketing strategies, no talking about my art as a product, only as something I love to do.

I'm becoming more and more proud of what I do, and my inventory is getting too big for my own walls.
Now I think I am ready to explore ways to actually market my things.

A couple of more pieces at the Starbucks.
So, I have a crowd of questions in my mind.
How do you sell your own art?
What is the best way for a self-taught emergent artist to start selling?
Where do I start?

As amazing and relaxing as creating art is, there is something embarrassing about showing your art when there is a price tag on it.

But I need to get started somehow. :)

Suggestions are welcome.





 
"He who is not everyday conquering some fear 
has not learned the secret of life" 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape