Colorful landscape - Acrylic painting with tulips

"Poppy-ing up Tulips"
9" x 12" Acrylic on Canvas Panel

I know they look like poppies, but they are tulips, acting like poppies and tricking my mind up to the very end!
I tried to simplify shapes and I played with colors and lines.  What started as a suburban front yard scene, ended up as a Tuscan landscape, and a quite colorful one for that matter!

Style-wise, I can see I'm heading somewhere, and I kind of like the direction. Color, shapes, and lines that kind of make sense but don't have to be realistic. What's that called? Folk art? Contemporary? Not sure.

BTW, the laptop is still out of order but the Tractor (see previous post) stepped up to the task and accepted to run my camera's software, which can do some very basic image editing, and here you have it! .. and the Tractor earns its respect! :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape