Inspiration II


-->
"Inspiration II"
18” x 24” (45.7cm x 61cm)
Acrylic on Canvas Panel

I had this on the works for a while, it’s a big size for my standards; I finally called it done today.
As was my second painting, this is inspired by Mark Gould’s work, in particular the one entitled  “My Neighbor's House #824”. I just love how Mark Gould uses color, and how he simplifies shapes and details. I tried to render his style, without making a replica, but I have to admit it came out closer to the original than I thought! 

I look at my painting, and it makes me smile. That means it's creating positive energy for my soul. I have to hang it in a meaningful area of my house, where I can see it often. 
I happen to have a bare wall in the “Fame and Reputation” area, according to the Bagua, and with all the reds in the painting I think that’s where it will belong! :))
Oh, in case you are wondering, the Feng Shui Bagua is a map that relates the various areas of your life to sections of your living space.

Thanks for visiting.
Love, 
Robie

Comments

  1. Its an amazing painting Robie!The colors are so vibrant and has a lot of positive energy.Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is the one I like the most so far...love, love the colors and the simple lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yasha and Dani, I'm glad to hear you like it: this is the style I would like to develop! However, it's easier to do when I get inspired by Mark Gould, much more difficult when I'm on my own with a true subject and a blank canvas in front of me. :) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape