July 29, 2011

Inspiration II


-->
"Inspiration II"
18” x 24” (45.7cm x 61cm)
Acrylic on Canvas Panel

I had this on the works for a while, it’s a big size for my standards; I finally called it done today.
As was my second painting, this is inspired by Mark Gould’s work, in particular the one entitled  “My Neighbor's House #824”. I just love how Mark Gould uses color, and how he simplifies shapes and details. I tried to render his style, without making a replica, but I have to admit it came out closer to the original than I thought! 

I look at my painting, and it makes me smile. That means it's creating positive energy for my soul. I have to hang it in a meaningful area of my house, where I can see it often. 
I happen to have a bare wall in the “Fame and Reputation” area, according to the Bagua, and with all the reds in the painting I think that’s where it will belong! :))
Oh, in case you are wondering, the Feng Shui Bagua is a map that relates the various areas of your life to sections of your living space.

Thanks for visiting.
Love, 
Robie

3 comments:

  1. Its an amazing painting Robie!The colors are so vibrant and has a lot of positive energy.Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is the one I like the most so far...love, love the colors and the simple lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yasha and Dani, I'm glad to hear you like it: this is the style I would like to develop! However, it's easier to do when I get inspired by Mark Gould, much more difficult when I'm on my own with a true subject and a blank canvas in front of me. :) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are always welcome. :)